Monday, September 6, 2010

adjustments and anxiety

It has been a short couple of days since I learned that I am really pregnant. Yesterday was my husband's family reunion.  It is so hard to be nonchalant and to not be competive in the games.  Volleyball and kickball are by far my favorite.  After a hard reach for the ball, I decided that I should take my pregnant butt off the court.  So last night and today I am very sore.  It's likely from sleeping all the time honestly, but it was a wake up call that I'm not going to be able to do all I was doing before and to be okay with that.   It took us so long to get here that I do not want to risk it.  All last night I kept worrying that maybe I had hurt the baby or if I miscarry I'll blame this event, etc.  I will be so glad to really go over what I can and cannot do.  And what is normal and not normal.  I'm so excited, but in the back of my mind I keep reminding my self that this is week five.  It's ONLY WEEK FIVE.  

Right now I know that I am getting stiff from all the sleep.  It's CRAZY!  I sleep from 9 until dawn (why am I waking up then?) and will be awake for about a half hour and then back to sleep until 7:30.  I've kept up with this so that I'll be ready to go back to work with a semi normal schedule.  Then at 9, I take the progesterone (which I took a little early to move the time back for this upcoming week) and I'll be drowsy and stoned for about another hour and a half.  This is so sad.  I have all these things I want to get done and all I can do is sleep.  I'm trying to let my body guide this part, but it will certainly be difficult in the office.  So adjust adjust adjust!!  Everything I'm doing boils down to adjusting, but there is nothing that is worth it more.  

The major challenge today is to ease my hip back into place.  I finally found out that I can take Tylenol.  I am so taking it.  My bed and couch are both evil villains in my house and with all the afore mentioned sleeping, it looks like the bed is going to have to go.  My 40 year old hand me down mattress- we appreciate your freeness, but we will not miss you.  Praying that God will open up a sale somewhere on this.  

No comments:

Post a Comment