Thursday, January 13, 2011

Doctor Visit

So, we went to the doctor as already scheduled.  This round is far different since we weren't using any fertility meds.  I was fearful going into the appointment.  I was worried that perhaps things hadn't settled where they should or that the test was maybe off.  Of course the doctor assumed that we were there for the consult until the assistant pointed out that we had a positive test the day before.

The ultrasound showed a very young 4 week plus a few days baby circle.  Too small to even get a due date to calculate.  I was hoping that we would be at the five week mark, but we aren't.  In the whirlwind, we learned that it's early and less meds since we are working on our own at this point.  This is exciting.  I hate taking more meds than I have to.  But even though I'm glad to be here, there is a sense of deja vu from last time.

I have to admit that I'm having a tough time embracing this until I get passed the 7-8 week.  I want to believe that September will bring me a beautiful baby, but I don't want to be naive in light of this past year.  But I feel great.  I'm sleepy and my belly is stretching out and I'm craving more pot pies.  I feel pregnant and it's without all the meds I was relying on last time.  I'm just trying to take it easy and enjoy the time I have.  I know the risks, but I have to believe that this could finally be it.  God's been whispering things in my ear that have not made sense this whole time- until now.  So, I have no choice but to move in faith.


Next appointment on Jan. 25th and it seems a million miles away.

No comments:

Post a Comment